Food ingredients and pet health
In recent times many studies have been published about the nutritional value of pet food. Much progress has been made in this domain, with the help of special food and diets dogs and cats are ageing demonstrably healthier. Moreover, special diets can supplement medical treatment of a number of diseases. Nowadays food faults in young, growing pets, leading to bone and joint problems, are almost under control. This lesson teaches the basics of dog and cat food, it deals with the different types of food, the background of pet food, such as organic, natural, vegetarian, etc, and with different protein sources.
- Course introduction
- Challenge 1. Types of food
- Challenge 2. Composition of food
- Course finalization
After having completed this course, you will:
- be able to distinguish between different basic types of cat and dog food (such as dry, half wet half dry, wet, BARF);
- have basic knowledge of health aspects of different types of food;
- have learnt about the background of pet food, such as organic, natural, vegetarian, etc.
Basic understanding of pet food components
Product managers in the cat and dog food industry